Tuesday, March 9, 2010

1st Doctors Visit!

So we went to our first doctor's visit this afternoon. The whole day I was really excited and nervous. Excited because I was going to be able to know more about pregnancy and about my baby, and my many questions would be answered! Nervous because I haven't gained any weight, and most of the time I have absolutely no desire to eat, though I am hungry all the time!- so I thought I was going to be in trouble!
Jared met me there. :) Thankfully, our doctor was AMAZING! She is knowledgeable and sweet and so willing to answer every one of my questions. She said I was fine even with my lack of weight gain and said my lack of appetite was totally normal (extremely comforting). She did some tests and we were able to get a sonogram!
It was so incredible to see this little tiny baby! he/she is like 1/7Th of an inch!!(thanks to my husband for the math!)The best part definitely had to be seeing the heartbeat. Tiny little baby with a tiny little heart! Couldn't help but cry! God is sooo good!
After the doctor printed some pictures of our baby we went to find me some food! For the first time in a LONG time, McDonald's sounded good- so Jared took me to eat chicken nuggets, fries and sweet tea!
So this was our first visit to our doctor, after which i decided that a nap was necessary! :)Now off to study for midterms and for the Praxis which I'll be taking Saturday really early in the morning! eek!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm McDonald's. Wonder what else you'll be craving during this pregnancy? :)

    ReplyDelete

“Life affords no greater responsibility, no greater privilege, than the raising of the next generation.”- C. Everett Koop