Friday, October 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Sweet Bug!

Two years ago today we were sitting in a hospital room waiting very patiently for a sweet little boy who was kicking my ribs with all his power to join us! I remember feeling torn ( a feeling i have learned to count on as a mom since that moment). I couldn't wait one more second to hold this child in my arms, and at the same time, i knew that he was safer, happy and DEFINITELY more comfortable inside me.

Two years ago, as we waited for our "surprise baby", I didn't know what life would be like. His presence had already changed so much in our lives. Jared and i had already become parents - it was a role we assumed hours after finding out we were expecting him. He had already made us so broken, we had ran to God for wisdom, comfort and knowledge. He had already made his dear mother feel joy and fear in a short 9 months.

I remember worrying about him so much that i couldn't sleep. I remember thinking i would miss the movements and kicks (and punches, elbows and knees) against my rib cage.  I KNEW i would miss his dancing around in my belly when I played music. I mostly remember how i couldn't stop wondering if i was going to be a good mom - and how i wanted so much more than just "good". I wanted (and want) so much more for him.

 I remember being HUNGRY!

As i sit here in our living room thinking about tomorrow: the celebration we have planned for his birthday and the incredibly long to-do list that awaits me the minute i get up; I can't help but remember everything about the last two years. They went by so fast!

We have seen those feet and hands move so much since the moment he was born that all the punches and kicks made sense. We have seen him dance to every song we play - i now know what he was doing in my belly when there was music. We have seen him grow and mature, way too fast, day-by-day. We have been impressed at how he picks up things we teach him... and things we don't.

He has continued to make us run to God for wisdom and guidance. He has made us laugh until our bellies hurt. He has made us cry (of joy and sadness). He has been such an incredible blessing to our lives. The past two years have been just that:  AN AMAZING BLESSING!

We are so thankful for the gift of our son! So sad so much time has already passed! So hopeful for the days to come that we get to share with him! We can't wait to see the man he will one day become, but we hope the days don't go by too fast.

Happy Birthday (a bit early) sweet, sweet Bug!

We love you with every fiber of our beings and are so blessed to have the honor, privilege and responsibility of being your parents!

2 comments:

  1. Happiest of all days, darling, beloved boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he's two already! Happy Birthday Scott, I sure wish we lived closer and could help you celebrate!

    ReplyDelete

“Life affords no greater responsibility, no greater privilege, than the raising of the next generation.”- C. Everett Koop